Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Notes from Charlie: Free tutoring

Recently, I had the opportunity to give something away to a group of people who were really enthusiastic about my gift.  It felt amazing!

What was I handing out to people? My tutoring services!

While on vacation, I had a chance to travel to the southern US (a few weeks, visiting family), and help out some local families who needed tutors for their kids who were taking summer classes. 

Many families were advertising (via flyers) that they needed the tutoring help.  Sadly, they were having a tough time getting tutoring help, because there was very little payment involved. 
Very sad, but true. 

Unfortunately, the area that I was visiting is an area of the US that has been devastated by the gulf oil spill, and parents who would have otherwise been paying standard rates for tutoring are now having a difficult time making ends meet.

So, I contacted some of these parents while I was there, and offered my tutoring services free of charge.

The parents were thrilled, and I felt great being able to help out - it was great for all of us!

What about your community? 
Are there any families who might appreciate a free gift of tutoring?
Might be a good thing to check out...trust me, it feels great!

******************************
Photo Credits: © 0Odyssey0
http://www.sxc.hu/profile/0Odyssey0

No comments:

Post a Comment